We are in the last month of the year, and the global pandemic has not yielded for much of the world. Just some time ago the first doses of vaccines began to be distributed and applied. But even this great effort does not mean that in the short term we people can go out as before. Mexico is one of the countries that has had to resume extreme care in some areas of the territory, especially in the Valley of Mexico. So we know that although it is sad, many of us will have to avoid gatherings and dinners with our family and friends this Christmas . So, what to do?
Against this background, as has been done throughout the confinement, a solution to not feel so far from the people we love the most is to use the video calling systems that various developers on the market offer. You have probably already mastered apps like Zoom ; But, today we bring you another quite popular option at your fingertips with an application that you surely have on your phone. This is the Salas, an option available to Facebook by Rooms Messenger (Messenger Rooms).
How to create your Facebook room?
Ideally, all devices participating in the meeting will have a Facebook account, and they will be able to join from mobile phones to computers. If you dare to try it, at Qore we leave you all the steps to follow to make your video call a success.
Create room from web
In case you want to access a Facebook Room through a computer, these are the instructions to follow:
1 .Open the Facebook page from any browser.
- Below the box to create a new publication you will find the button called Create room. You will quickly identify it because it is accompanied by an icon of a small video camera:
- The first task to select is the Room Activity. Usually you will have to decide if it is a birthday party, graduation, or personalize it to your liking with a name that does not exceed 20 characters. In this step you will also have to specify the start date and time and, if the meeting will be visible to all your friends on Facebook or only the people you invite directly will be able to access:
- To send the invitation to the meeting, you have the option of copying the link of the Room and pasting it to send it via WhatsApp, email or whatever means you select. You can also directly choose some contacts. If you leave the room visible to all your Facebook friends, any of them can access.
- Once in the room, users can open or lock their cameras or microphones, as well as adjust the screen to see all participants.
Create room from mobile
To create the room from a mobile application, the steps are practically the same.
- Open the Facebook application on your phone.
- You will identify the New room button because it has the same location as on the computer, that is, under the box to create a publication:
- The steps from here to number 5 are the same as on the computer.
A trick that can make it easier for you to share the room through other applications is to access it directly, and when you are there, a button will appear on the screen called Share link. When you select it, you can share the room directly to other applications.
One difference between a Room and a video call via Messenger is that Rooms can continue to be active even if the host is not there; Despite this, the other participants will not be able to access either, so the meeting goes into a kind of standby mode.
With this guide, we hope that spending a Christmas with your loved ones is easier than ever. Luck!…